Improving Supplier Capabilities | ACER ESG
Improving Supply Chain Capabilities
Acer has ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001 certification. We also require major suppliers to have the same certifications in order to improve the overall supply chain's ability to address sustainability challenges. We conduct ongoing training and seminars to help suppliers and Acer supply chain management stakeholders acquire the latest knowledge and trends, and provide multilateral communication with industry experts.
Internal Management and Related Executives
- Acer requires employees to comply with relevant regulations and conduct business with integrity, including adhering to standards of conduct including the RBA Code of Conduct, Awareness of Information Security, and Personal Data Protection.
In 2022, we provided the latest information on ESG sustainability strategy, GHG management, Carbon Disclosure Program, RBA Code of Conduct, VAP audits, and responsible minerals, as well as customer requirements, international compliance, and sustainability trends for procurement, supplier relationship management, product managers, and Quality Assurance Department staff.
- During the annual Supplier Communication Conference, Acer presented updates on international sustainability trends, human rights concerns, and mitigation strategies. The Company also discussed its response and preparedness for significant environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues, as well as its current and future goals for ESG management in the supply chain.
- In addition to updating suppliers with the latest knowledge and trends, we collaborate with suppliers to facilitate on-the-job training for both management and staff, with training that encompasses the RBA Code of Conduct and Anti-Bribery Policy.
- Acer also invites suppliers to participate in the CDP conference and explanatory sessions. This enables suppliers to gain a comprehensive understanding of climate information disclosure, as well as boosting the quality and depth of their management of greenhouse gas disclosure information.
- Furthermore, we assess suppliers of the same product category by classification, facilitating suppliers obtaining of the results of performance evaluations across the same industry and improving sustainable management capabilities.
- We have continued to focus on the Earthion Initiative, which aimed to unite our supply chain partners and foster greater collaboration in minimizing the environmental impact of our overall supply chain. This was achieved by incorporating sustainability into our product development and daily operations