United Nations Sustainable Development Goals | ACER ESG
United Nations Sustainable Development GoalsRead More
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) cover important sustainability issues and challenges facing mankind. As a corporate citizen, Acer has the power to contribute to the sustainable well-being of mankind. In 2022, we continued to put our products and services to use in the Acer value chain, leveraging our core competencies to continue to address various social and environmental issues and implement the UN Sustainable Development Goals by promoting the universal and innovative application of technology through various programs and solutions.
SDG3 | Ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages
Ensure people’s health and well-being through our core products and services.
- Acer and Acerpure collaborate on air quality improvement solutions to understand and improve indoor air quality in real time, helping to reduce human health hazards caused by indoor air pollution .
- Acer and Acer Medical develop face recognition system that uses facial emotion to determine possible dementia.
- Acer Medical's VeriSee DR assists frontline physicians in caring for diabetic patients by speeding up the time and improving the accuracy of diagnosis and effectively referring high-risk eye disease patients to ophthalmology for follow-up treatment.
SDG4 | Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
Acer is committed to shrinking the digital divide and nurturing talent, firm in the belief that technology can inspire people and help tap their potential.
- Acer Brazil's Project Humanity donates "Little Citizens’ House" to help vulnerable groups.
- Acer Taiwan volunteers help vulnerable students improve their digital skills over time.
- Acer donates laptops and tablets to Ukrainian school to enhance educational resources and robotics training programs.
SDG7 | Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all
Provide people with more efficient, sustainable, and safe energy usage and encourage our employees to use sustainable energy through our initiatives.
- Acer has been increasing its renewable energy ratio annually and has joined the RE100 initiative, with the Acer Group expecting to use 60% renewable energy by 2025 and RE100 by 2035.
- Acer Spain installs rooftop solar panels to meet RE100 commitment by 2035 .
- Acer Smart Frequency's energy storage and energy storage extensions provide reliable, clean, green and safe backup power.
SDG8 | Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment, and decent work for all
Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth with good jobs for everyone.
- Acer strives to protect the human rights and health of labor and provide a safe workplace, performing on-site audits, which affected some 260,000 employees in 2022.
- Every member of Acer's is treated with dignity in accordance with the principle of fairness. We strive to protect personal privacy, provide channels for the free and safe communication of opinions, and offer a safe, healthy working environment .
SDG11 | Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable
Through software, hardware, and service products, Acer makes the cities where we live more friendly, inclusive, and accessible.
- Acerpure products combine purge and recirculate functions in a 2-in-1 air recirculation cleaner that filters air pollution through intelligent sensing and high-specification HEPA filters to reduce the chance of virus transmission indoors.
- Acer ITS develops smart parking business, integrating diverse payment options, vehicle detection, license plate recognition, and the Parking Lot App to provide smart parking solutions for on-street, parking lot, and other private transportation parking needs.
- Acer Germany has once again launched a bike challenge to encourage employees to ride their bikes to and from work to keep them healthy and reduce CO2 emissions.
SDG12 | Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Coordinate supply chain stakeholders to implement responsible production/consumption, sustainable management and effective use of natural resources, and reuse/recycling systems.
- Continuously launch eco-friendly computer Vero products made from post-consumer recycled plastic, using non-coated recycled materials, and eco-friendly packaging.
- Continuously require supply chain to adhere to list of banned or restricted chemical substances.
- Continuously use recycled materials for packaging materials.
- Continuously promote global reuse and recycling the program.
SDG13 | Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Acer is actively implementing climate change response strategies, including drafting low-carbon, sustainable strategies .
- 60 % of critical supplier have completed setting of carbon reduction targets in accordance with Science Based Target (SBT) methodology.
- We invite vendors to participate in the Earthion program to help solve climate and environmental challenges with innovative and integrated solutions.
- We joined the RE100 initiative and have committed to achieving RE100 by 2050.
SDG16 | Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all, and build effective, accountable, and inclusive institutions at all levels
Acer is implementing responsible supervision and management of conflict minerals, working to end all forms of child exploitation, and promoting a peaceful and inclusive society.
Acer continues to focus on the human rights impacts of our business development, advocate responsible mineral sourcing, and publish responsible minerals reports.
SDG17 | Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
Acer leverages and implements its core competencies to collaborate and create value with all stakeholders.
- Global offices collaborate with various stakeholders on ESG projects.
- Launched the Earthion platform, working with our vendor partners toward sustainable environmental and societal development.