Environmental Policy and Management | ACER ESG
Environmental, Health and Safety Policy and Committment
Acer endeavors to achieve balanced development in economy, environment and society. We understand that all our products, services and activities have potential impact to the environment and community where we conduct business, so we are devoted to environmental protection. When the company needs to conduct business mergers and acquisitions or business cooperation in response to market needs and organizational development, due diligence will be conducted objectively. We are also dedicated to providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees believing that occupational health and safety is the foundation of sound and responsible business operation. We ensure all employees understand their roles and responsibilities and require our suppliers, service providers, contractors, outsourcing partners, logistics companies, mergers and acquisitions and value chain partners to reduce environmental impact though life cycle assessment management and abide by Acer’ environmental, safety and health policy to jointly achieve our commitments to the environment and our health and safety performance.
Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
This Environmental, health and safety policy is applicable to Acer Group. We take this environment, health and safety policy into consideration in all aspects, and require employees, customers, suppliers and partners to take actions together with Acer that consistent with the standards of this policy.
- Set up an environmental, health and safety management unit, led by the top management. We set quantitative goals and prioritize actions every year. In the meantime, continuously to implement, promote, supervise, and improve related plans to ensure the achievement of goals and effective implementation of the system.
- Comply with ISO standard, the relevant laws and commit ourselves to going beyond industry standards.
- Stay abreast of global climate change issues, commit to the use of renewable energy, strive to improve energy efficiency actively and prevent pollution. In addition, setting energy use and waste reduction targets, increasing resource productivity and reducing environmental impact.
- Sharing sustainable expertise and experience to value chain partners and suppliers to exert social influence.
- Employ green design, carefully select suppliers and materials, and provide safe products with low environment impact.
- Provide a safe and healthy workplaces to protect the physical and mental health of those who work for us and minimize occupational health and safety risks.
- Deepen the awareness of ESH among all employees through training and disseminating. By setting up a consultation and audit activities, which require involvement of all employees, to continuously improve and enhance the performance of environment, health, and safety.
- The Environmental, Health and Safety Policy and its amendments shall come into force after resolved by the Board of Directors.
- The policy was approved on May 4, 2023.
Commitment to the Environment
Design and Development
Our product design incorporates considerations of recyclability, easy disassembly, low pollution, energy saving, and resource saving.
Operations and Management
Procurement and the Supply Chain
Transportation and Logistics
Medium- and Long-Term Goals
- Net zero emissions by 2050
- Carbon neutral in operations by 2040
- 100% renewable electricity usage by 2035
- In 2030, operation carbon emissions (Scope 1, 2) will be reduced by 50% compared to the base year of 2019; value chain carbon emissions (Scope 3) will be reduced by 35% compared to the base year of 2020 (in line with the SBT aligned with the 1.5°C carbon reduction pathway)
- Total water consumption in 2025 to be reduced by 10% compared to 2018
2022 Achievement Status
- 44% of electricity consumed from renewable sources (not achieved)
- 16.5% Scope 1, 2 carbon emission reduction compared with the base year of 2019 (achieved)
- Formulate Scope 3 carbon emissions reduction target of 35% in 2030 compared to the base year of 2020 (achieved)
- Total water consumption is reduced by 1% in 2021.
To achieve the sustainable goal of environmental protection, we require the following two types of offices: (1) with more than 100 employees worldwide and (2) less than 100 employees but with high-risk operations, to implement EMS environmental management system and set up a working group to promote operational performance according to the PDCA management model, and ensure the system can maintain effective operation through third-party certification or internal verification mechanism every year. At the same time, the number of office locations under 100 people are encouraged to participate in the certification on their own. In 2022, coverage rate of global environmental management system reached 70%.