Our Commitment to You...
What We Collect and How We Collect It:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses. For each visitor accessing or using our Service or browsing our website, our web server automatically recognizes and stores the visitor's IP address (the internet protocol address of the visitor's computer) to determine which areas of our website are being visited and how long each visitor spends there. This information helps us understand visitors' traffic patterns through our Service and website so that we can enhance the overall usability of our website. Your computer provides this information automatically each time you log on, unless you have activated blocking technology available in some browsers.
- Device Information. We may collect device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version and unique device identifiers. We may also collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
What We Do with Personal Information:
- To comply with specific requests made by you, such as in order to allow you to create an Acer ID and to give you access to a set of related services (i.e., registration of your Acer device, creation of an own cloud universe with abApps and receiving support). The processing of your personal data for this purpose does not require your previous consent;
- For marketing purposes. Unless you instruct us otherwise (as described below), we will send you information about our various product upgrades, special offers and other new products and services from Acer that we feel may be of interest to you. Only Acer (or agents working on behalf of Acer) will send you these direct mailings. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. You may also opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time by contacting Acer; see the opt-out section below.
Acer will NOT knowingly collect online contact information from children or minors (as defined by local requirements), and if we learn that we have personal information about a child or minor, we will delete it from our systems. Acer encourages parents or guardians (including other legal representatives) to spend time online with their children and to participate in their online activities. Children or minors are eligible to use our online sales transactions services ONLY with a parent’s or guardian's consent to and payment for the transaction, or to the extent permitted by applicable law. If you are a child or a minor, you are required to get the permission of your parents or guardians in order to complete certain transactions on this website.
Users from California (United States):
Users from Outside of the United States:
Users from the European Union:
Users from Taiwan:
- We will maintain and, when necessary, use your personal data from the time when you provide it to us through any means until you request us to delete it. The geographical scope of our use of your personal data is limited to Taiwan, the jurisdiction in which you locate and the place where Acer’s subsidiary operates only.
- You may exercise the following rights with respect to your personal data pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Law:
- any inquiry and request for a review of the personal information (fees apply depending on each individual case);
- any request to make duplications of the personal information (fees apply depending on each individual case);
- any request to supplement or correct the personal information;
- any request to discontinue collection, processing or use of personal information; and
- any request to delete the personal information.
- The servers providing online services process and store an enormous amount of information each day and keep a record of the processing performed. These computer records are called “log files”. After the information in the log files has been processed, it is stored and blocked from further access. Until the information is stored, your account information may remain in our active server log files.
- If you decline to provide, or request us to cease using, processing and using or request us to delete, your personal data, we will be unable to contact you for the relevant matters regarding our Service, keep a record for future inquiry, provide you with the latest information of the our Service or conduct customer review, and we may not continue our Service and shall not be responsible for any losses arising therefrom.
- In the event that the personal data which you provide to us is insufficient to confirm the authenticity of your identity, or that it is the result of any false identity or identity theft or is unreal, we are entitled to terminate our Service to you. We apologize for any inconvenience caused as a result thereof, if any.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Aggregated Information:
We protect the personal information which you share with us. At Acer, access to your personal information is limited to people who need it to do their work. It is our policy to maintain the integrity of any personal information in our possession. To prevent security breaches, Acer uses several security techniques, such as SET or industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for transmission of credit card information or wherever personal information is required, to protect any personal information from unauthorized access by users; however, we cannot and do not guarantee security on the internet.
Inquiries or Questions – Your Rights:
- You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is processed as well as to which personal data is processed.
- You have the right to be informed of (i) the source of your personal data; (ii) the purposes and methods of the processing; (iii) the data custodian’s identity; and (iv) the third-party entities or categories of entities to whom or which the personal data may be communicated.
- You have the right to obtain: (i) updating, rectification or integration of your data; and (ii) erasure, anonymization or blocking of your data if processed unlawfully.
- You have the right to object, in whole or in part (i) on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data, even though the data is relevant to the purpose of the collection; and (ii) to the processing of your personal data, where it is made for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling, or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.
How to Opt-Out of Our Use of Your Personal Information:
You may, at any time, opt-out of our use of your personal information by contacting Acer. We will remove your personal information from our database(s) as soon as reasonably possible.