Personal Data Protection Act
As defined under the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act of 2012 (R.A. 10173), We, “Acer Philippines, Inc.” or “Acer”, are liable for ensuring data privacy of individuals and the protection of personal information that you provide to us thru online and offline transactions. By clicking the “Accept” box at the end of the account registration process, or by signing our offline service forms, you explicitly consent for us to collect, use, and process your personal or sensitive personal information, in accordance with the following terms, and the requirements of the relevant data privacy laws.
Under the R.A. 10173, we recognize the importance of your rights as a Data Subject, as follows:
- You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is processed as well as to which personal data is processed.
- You have the right to be informed of (i) the source of your personal data; (ii) the purposes and methods of the processing; (iii) the data custodian’s identity; and (iv) the third-party entities or categories of entities to whom or which the personal data may be communicated.
- You have the reasonable right to access your personal information and obtain: (i) updating, rectification or integration of your data; and (ii) erasure, anonymization or blocking of your data if processed unlawfully.
- You have the right to object, in whole or in part (i) on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data, even though the data is relevant to the purpose of the collection; and (ii) to the processing of your personal data, where it is made for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling, or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission (NPC) for violation of your data privacy rights.
We collect various kinds of information to help us better serve our customers.
Upon purchased of products at Acer online store https://store.acer.com/en-ph/ , purchased device and availment of our services (e.g. repair or promo claim) thru online and offline transactions; the following information may be asked and collected from you by our employees, agents, and other authorized representatives:
- Customer info: name, address (home/delivery/billing), contact details, email address and other personal data
- A copy of your valid ID’s
- Purchased Device Info.: serial number (text/image), purchased date, image copy of Proof of Purchase or Official Receipt, operating system, product model
- Online entities:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
- Device Information. We also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5), cookies and application data caches.
If necessary, we seek to authenticate your information with our agents to gather additional details about you (including via company email / call).
When you avail of our products and services, we may also collect information about your purchase transaction, and store merchant.
We may also collect and store telephone voice recordings of our conversations with you. We shall obtain the necessary consent prior to recording any such communications.WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information you provide may be used to support your customer relationship with Acer. We want to use this data to tailor your experience at our website and with us generally. We do not collect or use the personal information which you submit for any unrelated purposes, other than when obligated or permitted by local laws to do so without informing you in advance or without obtaining your express consent.
Your personal information is collected and subsequently processed for the following purposes:
- To comply with specific requests made by you, such as device support and other related services.
- For marketing purposes. We may send you information about our various product upgrades, special offers and other new products and services from Acer that we feel may be of interest to you. Only Acer (or agents working on behalf of Acer) will send you these direct mailings. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. You may also opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time by contacting Acer; see the opt-out section below.
If applicable laws require so, we will send you these direct mailings only upon your explicit consent (optional). If you have provided your consent but no longer wish to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you receive the newsletter by following the “Unsubscribe procedure” available in the newsletter.
To the extent permitted by law, the information you provide may be accessed, processed or stored by, or transferred to, any member of the Acer group of companies (or their subcontractors) at locations around the world, including those located in countries where you do not live. These locations include countries that do not ensure an adequate level of protection of personal information. A list of Acer entities (and their respective registered offices) that may receive your data in those locations can be found at www.acer-group.com/ag/en/TW/content/office-list. This use may continue even if they cease to be a member of the Acer group of companies. All of the Acer companies and transferees authorized by Acer that receive your personal information will use it in accordance with this Privacy Notice and the relevant data privacy laws.
We will not share your personal information with any outside organization for its use in marketing or solicitation without your prior consent. Your information may be shared with Acer’s agents or contractors for the purpose of providing services, processing transactions or performing statistical analysis for an Acer company. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We only provide third party agents or contractors with the minimum amount of information needed to complete the requested services or transaction. As far as reasonably practicable, the identities and other relevant information of these external entities to whom your personal information will be shared will be disclosed to you in due course, within a reasonable time prior to such processing.
Your information may also be disclosed to third parties where we are legally required or entitled to do so. For example, in response to a request from a government or regulatory authority or in connection with potential legal proceedings. Acer is not responsible for the actions of any government or regulatory authority with respect to your information or data.
We may also use your information to comply with laws or to defend ourselves in claims under such laws, or when necessary to exercise Acer’s legitimate business interests and needs, in which case special care is taken to safeguard your rights and to ensure any use of your personal information is fair, lawful and proportionate.
If we merge with, or any part of the Acer group is acquired by, another business (or enter into discussions concerning the same) we may share your information with such a business and its advisers; however, if we do so, we will ensure steps are taken so that your rights in relation to your information continue to be protected.HOW WE PROTECT, AND STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We protect the personal information which you share with us by maintaining reasonable and appropriate technical, physical and organizational security measures for this purpose. At Acer, access to your personal information is limited to people who need it to do their work. It is our policy to maintain the integrity of any personal information in our possession. To prevent security breaches, Acer uses several security techniques, such as SET or industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for transmission of credit card information or wherever personal information is required, to protect any personal information from unauthorized access by users; however, we cannot and do not guarantee security on the internet.
Just to ensure your personal information is being protected, we store your personal information in our offices or stored in servers accessed by us. Your personal information shall be retained by our organization as long as necessary for the fulfillment of purposes or as required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements and/or to protect our interests.HOW TO OPT-OUT OF OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may, at any time, opt-out of our use of your personal information by contacting Acer. We will remove your personal information from our database(s) as soon as reasonably possible.CONTACT US
Postal Address: 1172-1180 Acer Building, Quirino Ave. Extension Paco, Manila
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Telephone Number: (632)77200090
Email Address: Aphi.Legal@acer.com