Personal Data Protection Act
1. PRIVACY of Personal Information
a. Purpose of Personal Information collected Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily will be processed for the following purposes ("Purposes"):
- to complete transactions with you, manage and verify your membership of our customer service or loyalty programmes where applicable;
- to develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to enable you to participate in promotions and contests;
- to understand and analyse our sales, your needs and preferences;
- to process customer service requests
- to send you updates on products, news and event updates, rewards and promotions, special privileges and initiatives of ACER group, our partners and advertisers;
- to improve our services; and,
- to respond to requests or complaints.
- Although the precise details of the Personal Information collected will vary according to the specific purpose (such as contests, forums, surveys etc) whether via online or otherwise, the typical Personal Data gathered is usually:
• Phone number(s);
• Date of birth;
• Email address;
• Identity card number or passport number
b. Storage and Retention of Personal Data Your Personal Information shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or stored in servers accessed by us and will either be operated by us or our service providers. Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by our organisation as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Purposes stated in (1a) above or as required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements and/or to protect our interests.
Opt In: We at ACER group will not use your Personal Information for a purpose that has not previously been specified, unless we have previously obtained your consent or unless such purpose is required by law.Consent to provide Personal Data is not a condition for our selling a product to you, unless the information requested is required to fulfill an explicitly specified and legitimate purpose.
At any time, you can withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure (generally Processing) of your Personal Information by calling or emailing our Customer Service as shown in Section 4 of this Terms and Conditions.
3. ACCURACY of information
You are responsible for informing us about changes to your Personal Information and for ensuring that such information is accurate and current.
4. Customer Service
Please contact us if you have any queries.
Hotline: 603-2162 1388 (ACER)
Monday – Friday (9am to 5.30pm), excluding public holidays
Disclaimer. THE MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD ACER WEBSITE, ACER SALES & SERVICES SDN. BHD., AND ALL AFFILIATED PARTNERS HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR DEFAMATION, TRADE DISPARAGEMENT, PRIVACY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT) AND DAMAGES INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES ARISING FROM ANY SUBMISSIONS BY YOU OR THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.