• Plug in your headset & launch Steam
• When prompted, install SteamVR
Step 3 – (Optional, but encouraged) Join the SteamVR beta
• In Steam, navigate to Library --> Tools.
• Right click SteamVR --> Properties --> Join the beta.
Step 4 – Install Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR
• In the Steam store, Search for Windows Mixed Reality.
• Navigate to the Windows Mixed Reality page, and install.
Step 5 – Play
• Start the Mixed Reality Portal.
• There are multiple ways how you can launch SteamVR content/games.
For all, you must have the Mixed Reality Portal running:
1. From the Windows desktop shortcut.
After installing an title you can launch it through a desktop shortcut. 2. From the Steam library.
Open the Steam client & find the title in your library & select play. 3. From your headset in the cliffhouse.
You can launch the Desktop 2D app in the Cliffhouse, and perform either option 1 or 2 in mixed reality.