- Launching nine new products that help people get more connected
- Continuing to lead in design with the Aspire Switch 10, the 2-in-1 notebook and tablet in one flexible device
- Expanding in the tablet market with two new 7-inch Iconia tablets
- Making new technology affordable and available to more users with the Aspire E Series notebooks
- Two-fold strategy for growth: Build Your Own Cloud (BYOC™) and Connected Devices
Acer today unveiled its new consumer product portfolio at a global launch event in New York. Themed “A Touch More Connected,” the event showcased Acer’s latest line-up of 2-in-1s, notebooks, tablets and all-in-one desktop PCs that help people get more connected with the world around them. The event also marks the first appearance at a global event by Jason Chen since joining the company in January of this year as Acer’s CEO and Corporate President.
“Acer has built its reputation by putting personal computing in the hands of the many and making technology accessible for more people,” said Jason Chen, Acer CEO and Corporate President. “Today we demonstrate how our products are the best example yet of this mission － how we are using technology to create better connections between people and their information and bringing happiness to more people.”
Renee James, Intel President, added " We are very proud of our long-term relationship with Acer; congratulations to the new Acer management team for the tremendous innovation in its new series of Intel-based 2-in-1s, notebooks, tablets and all-in-one desktop PCs launching today. We look forward to more exciting new products as a result of our collaboration."
A solid base with great products and operational efficiency
Acer is building on its strengths starting from a solid basis of design capability and operational efficiency to develop products that offer great performance and at an affordable price. With an industry leading product portfolio that ranges from 4-inches to 29-inches in display size, Acer has something to suit every individual.
Two-fold strategy to take Acer forward
Acer has a two-fold strategy to take the company forward in the new era of Cloud Technology and the ever changing Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) landscape.
First, Build Your Own Cloud (BYOC™) is a service that reframes Acer’s vision for the “Internet of Things” by enabling customers to seamlessly integrate their PC and mobile devices with real-time syncing, and to control and access their own personal devices and data — anytime, anywhere. Acer devices are already shipping with BYOC built in and the company will continue to enhance the BYOC eco-system to improve customer experience and services.
Second, Acer will strengthen its strong footprint in hardware and accelerate market share growth through Connected Devices. This Connected Device strategy will manifest itself through improved end-to-end alignment and a new energy in the smartphone and tablet markets — key pillars for Acer’s new PC market leadership. This will be accomplished by:
- Better execution. From Products to Price to Promotion to Placement.
- Creating a “New Acer culture.” A new energy from organizational change and accountability to meet the needs of new markets.
- Setting aside part of our resources to invest in new applications and businesses to become a hardware + software + services company.