- Acer K138ST is an ultra-portable short throw LED projector with an intelligent ambient light sensor for cinema on the go
- Acer also introduces projectors ideal for office meetings and interactive learning
- Acer U5320W ultra-short throw projector can project images up to 100” at just 50cm (19.7-inches) from the screen
- Acer P5515 is capable of projecting 1080P Full HD high-resolution images at up to 4,000 lumens brightness
- Optional wireless kits available to allow freedom from cables
Acer today announced the addition of three new projectors to its comprehensive projector lineup, including the K138ST which is the world’s first LED projector with an intelligent ambient light sensor, the ultra-short throw U5320W, and the 1080P Full HD P5515 with enhanced keystone correction.
Take the Cinema with You – Acer K138ST
Capable of projecting a 100-inch image with only 1.7m distance to the projection surface, the Acer K138ST is an ultra-portable short throw LED projector with all the essential entertainment features enabling people to enjoy cinema on the go. Smaller than a sheet of A4 or letter-sized paper, and weighing just 0.75kg (1.7lbs), the K138ST has powerful built-in DTS sound audio so it can easily be carried anywhere without requiring additional speakers. The Acer LumiSense+ enabled K138ST is the world’s first LED projector equipped with an intelligent ambient light sensor. This allows the projector to optimize image brightness and color saturation based on ambient lighting conditions, ideal when carried from place to place. The projected image is vibrant and sharp with 100,000:1 contrast at WXGA resolution, while built-in Bluetooth audio connectivity allows it to wirelessly stream audio to a nearby Bluetooth speaker or home theater.
The Big Picture Up Close – Acer U5320W
The Acer U5320W is an ultra-short throw projector that can be placed as close as 23cm (9.1-inches) from the projection surface, and the ability to can project up to 100-inch images at a distance of 50cm (19.7-inches), providing greater space flexibility. It also eliminates shadowing and enhances viewing comfort, a significant benefit for classrooms. The U5320W’s WXGA resolution and 3,000 lumens brightness creates crystal-clear and vibrant images, while its 2x10W speakers provide powerful sound. When paired with an optional Acer SmartPen II, the U5320W is ideal for classroom settings, allowing on-screen writing from up to a 32-foot distance for up to two users, and working as a remote control to encourage interactive learning.
Crystal Clear Images in Any Room – Acer P5515
Capable of projecting 1080P Full HD high-resolution images at up to a 4,000 lumens brightness, the P5515 provides a clear viewing experience even in bright environments and from long distances from the screen, making it ideal for mid-sized meeting rooms. It has built-in 2x10W speakers that deliver power sound without requiring external speakers. The P5515 is flexible for different installation scenarios as it supports both vertical and horizontal keystone correction of image distortions up to 30 degrees. It also supports 4 Corner Correction, enabling users to adjust distortions from any corner, so that images can be projected on sloped or asymmetric surfaces.
Deeper Blacks, Brilliant Whites, and Vivid Colors
The three new projectors feature a series of Acer’s proprietary image enhancement technologies, allowing them to project vibrant images with true color:
Enhanced Usability with Wireless Projection and Quad View
- Acer ColorBoost3D presents true-to-life colors through an optimized 6-segment color-wheel design, advanced lamp illumination technology, and powerful image processing. It can reduce brightness decay and color shift while displaying 2D and 3D content through enhancing color brightness, while also compensating color saturation and color temperature.
- Acer ColorSafe II technology allows the projectors to be virtually immune to color decay. It also uses dynamic RGB gain control to secure color fidelity, even after prolonged use.
- Acer DynamicBlack™ improves image contrast by analyzing on-screen content frame-by-frame, then dynamically adjusting lamp power to optimal black levels to deliver deeper blacks, more brilliant whites, and amazing detail even in dark scenes.
With an optional wireless dongle, all of the new projectors support wireless projection enabling users to break free from wired inconveniences. Paired with the wireless dongle, the projectors support direct screen projection (through Miracast) from devices with Windows 8.1 or Android 4.2.2 and above. The Acer eDisplayPro solution allows up to four devices to display content on the screen simultaneously, especially useful for business meetings or education scenarios. An Acer WirelessHD kit capable of transmitting lossless 1080P Full HD 3D resolution is also available for users who require higher image quality.
Pricing and Availability
The Acer K138ST projector will be available in North America in June with prices starting at US$999, in EMEA in June with prices starting at €699, and in China in June with prices starting at ¥9,999.
The Acer U5320W projector will be available in EMEA in June with prices starting at €1,199, and in China in June with prices starting at ¥39,999.
The Acer P5515 projector will be available in EMEA in May with prices starting at €999, and in China in March with prices starting at ¥29,999.
Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via www.acer.com
The new projectors were showcased today at the next@acer press event at 4 World Trade Center in New York, where the company announced its latest devices and solutions for families, students and professionals. For more information, visit acer.com/nextatacer