Acer (TWSE: 2353) announced today Q3 2017 consolidated revenues of NT$60.58 billion, marking year-on-year (YoY) growth of 3.4% in terms of NT$, and by 8.3% measured in US$. For the month of September, consolidated revenues reached its highest so far in 2017 with NT$22.36 billion, down 0.8% YoY in terms of NT$, and up 3.6% measured in US$. For year to date (Q1-Q3), consolidated revenues reached NT$170.24 billion, down 0.5% YoY in terms of NT$, but up 5.8% in US$.
Q3 2017 YoY revenue growth is attributable to the following:
- Acer’s gaming product revenue grew by 168% YoY and contributed more than 10% to the company’s total revenues.
- Revenue from Latin America operations grew by 30% YoY, with Brazil taking the lead.
- Windows-based Commercial notebook revenue grew by 40% YoY.
- Chromebook revenue grew by 27% YoY.
- New business revenue, including Acer’s cloud and e-business grew by 30% YoY.
Overall these results illustrate Acer’s strong business momentum resulting from its precise strategies in gaming and commercial business.