Award-Winning Portable Projector Delivers Dynamic 6W Stereo Sound and Vivid HD Visuals
- iF product design award 2014 winner
- High fidelity sound via 6W (2x3W) speakers and SRS Wow HD™ audio enhancement
- Portable, wireless and lightweight at 1.1 pounds
- Bright 700 ANSI lumens and HD resolution deliver vibrant, clear visual content
- Users can enjoy multimedia content directly from USB drives or SD cards
- Excellent investment with long LED lifespan of up to 30,000 hours(1)
Acer today announced the availability of the award-winning Acer® K137 LED portable home theater projector for U.S. customers. Outfitted with two powerful 3W speakers and SRS Wow HD™ stereo enhancement, the new projector delivers high-fidelity sound to match the clear, crisp visuals. Plus, its compact size makes the Acer K137 a practical way to project movies, videos and games both in and out of the home.
The Acer K137 was honored with a coveted iF product design award 2014. A jury of 49 internationally renowned experts from the fields of design, industry and education evaluated designs from 55 countries.(2)
Compact – Dynamic Audio
The new portable projector weighs just 1.1 pounds and measures 7.4- (W) x 4.6- (D) x 1.6- (H) inches, so it’s easily moved to the den for a gaming match with friends or toted in a backpack for taking to the family cabin for movie night. SRS Wow HD™ improves audio performance with sculpted bass for maximum thump on small speakers, more natural audio with a wider sound field and high-definition control for realistic clarity.
“The combination of stereophonic audio and vivid visuals in a tiny device makes our newest projector an excellent choice for enjoying games, movies and videos in dynamic surround sound,” said Edward Chan, product manager for Acer America. “The Acer K137 is an ideal platform for those who want a projector they can easily move from room to room, bring with them on vacation and easily store in a small space.”
Outfitted with a Micro SD slot and USB port, users can enjoy multimedia content, including photos, audio and video directly from USB drives or SD cards. The projector also has an HDMI® port for connecting to PCs, game consoles as well as Blu-ray and DVD players.
High Brightness – HD Resolution
A 700 ANSI lumens high brightness in standard mode (560 lumens in ECO mode) provides clear and vibrant visuals. A 10,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio enhanced with DynamicBlack technology delivers superb color and clarity for excellent readability. The native 1280x800 HD WXGA resolution (maximum UXGA 1080p Full HD resolution) renders sharp images and the reproduction of high-definition content from Blu-ray Discs™, DVDs and other sources.
The Acer K137 delivers a large 62-inch image from less than 6.5 feet and outstanding color saturation with up to 95 percent NTSC color gamut(3) as compared with lamp-based projectors. As a result, it projects vibrant images with deep and natural colors for realistic visual entertainment. It also features Acer ColorSafe II to prevent color decay and protect picture integrity, despite prolonged use. Wall color compensation enables the projector to display colors accurately even when the image is projected on a colored wall.
Long Life Span
The Acer K137 has a long LED lifespan of 20,000 hours in standard mode and up to 30,000 hours in ExtremeECO mode,(1) which dims the light source to 30 percent of full power, lowering the total cost of ownership. To further conserve system life and energy, the projector automatically shuts down if it doesn’t receive a signal input for a user-selected time period.
To save time and eliminate hassle, Acer Instant Pack allows the projector to start quickly and to be packed as soon as it’s unplugged. It’s also Microsoft Office compatible, making it a convenient portable reader and projector for Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as PDF documents.
Optional Wireless Projection
DNLA (Digital Network Living Alliance) compliant, the Acer K137 can playback photos, music and streaming video from all compatible mobile devices, including Android, iOS and Windows smartphones, tablets and notebooks(4) using an optional USB wireless adapter. Leveraging an optional Acer MHL™ wireless adapter, the projector displays content from a MHL-supported smartphone and charges it simultaneously. It also comes with an external 90 watt power adapter.
Pricing and Availability
The K137 LED portable home theater projector is available in the U.S. at online retailers this month for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $599. It’s backed by a one-year warranty.(5)
Established in 1976, Acer is an information and communication technology company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's green supply chain delivers environmentally friendly PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones — tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Ranked No. 3 for notebooks globally(6), Acer employs 8,000 people, and 2011 revenues reached US$14.7 billion. Please visit www.acer.com for more information.
© 2014 Acer Inc. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer America Corporation. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners.
All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.
- Lamp life depends on a variety of factors including brightness and can be maximized to up to 30,000 hours in ECO mode via Acer EcoProjection Technology, which allows the user to customize power-saving configurations.
- Click on the following link for more details on the iF design awards 2014. http://www.ifdesign.de/awards_index_e
- Color gamut is the range of color a display can reproduce and is commonly expressed as a percentage of NTSC. Although NTSC stands for National Television System Committee, which developed television standards for North America, in this instance, the percentage of NTSC refers to the full range of color that can theoretically be displayed.
- Some devices may require a converter to use these features. You can find system requirements for wireless projection on the Quick Start Guide (Multimedia), which can be downloaded here: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
- Limited warranty agreement applies. For a copy, write to Acer Customer Service, P.O. Box 6137, Temple, TX 76503.
- IDC 2012