- A vast range of configurations is available on a build-to-order basis with prices starting as low as $300.
- Options include a high-performance third generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor boasting significant performance advantages when compared to prior generations.
- Two DisplayPorts and a DVI port support three monitors simultaneously to increase productivity.
- EPEAT® Gold Standard qualified, the systems meet all required EPEAT® criteria plus at least 75 percent of the optional criteria.
- TPM 1.2 compliant, the systems conform to corporate-level security requirements and lower total cost of ownership over the product lifecycle.
- Acer ProShield Security provides superb security and management features.
Acer America today unveiled new commercial desktop PCs specified for corporate customers, government agencies and educational institutions. Multi-monitor support, significant power and expandability make the new Veriton 6620G Series desktops well-suited for enterprise environments.
The Acer Veriton X6620G, a small form factor (SFF) desktop and the Acer Veriton M6620G, a mini tower, offer a three-year warranty(1) and support up to a third-generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor with significant application and graphics performance benefits when compared to prior generations.
“The new Veriton desktops were designed to lower cost of ownership for large corporate customers,” said Michael O’Beirne, Acer senior director, commercial product marketing. “Available built-to-order and outfitted with 100 percent solid state capacitors and top-rate management and security tools, these desktops will maximize a company’s IT budget.”
Tightly managing data is critical for both the public and private sector organizations. All new Veriton models offer Intel vPro with Active Management Technology (AMT) 7.0, which enables in-house or outsourced IT to easily manage software and hardware assets, troubleshoot issues remotely and guard against software attacks. It also provides host-based configuration for easy set-up.
TPM 1.2 compliant, the systems adhere to corporate-level security requirements and lower total cost of ownership. The integrated Acer Veriton ControlCenter suite of management tools feature:
- Acer eLock Management for deploying software and controlling user’s systems remotely.
- Acer eSettings Management for tracking and storing user’s software preferences.
- QuickMigration for updating and transferring personal data from one PC to another.
- SmartBoot for automatically loading frequently used programs in the system tray at start-up.
In addition, the new commercial desktops are outfitted with Acer Proshield Security that combines key security and management features within a single user interface. It includes an encrypted hidden drive for confidential files, a file shredder to wipe sensitive material from the system, and a BIOS import and export tool that streamlines system management.
The systems also offer Acer’s One-Button Recovery (OBR) function, which simplifies backing up and/or restoring a PC’s data.
Flexibility and Expansion Extend System Life
The Acer Veriton 6620G Series models feature a 100 percent solid capacitor mainboard design to prolong system life as well as optional inside and outside built-in dust filters to keep the system clean and operating smoothly.
Two DisplayPorts and a DVI port enable employees to multi-task by viewing three displays at once. Each DisplayPort delivers digital images to the monitor and audio via one small cable to conserve space and help keep the work space tidy.
The Acer Veriton X6620G SFF desktops provide external 5.25-inch and internal 3.5-inch drive bays as well as PCI Express 2.0 x16 and PCI Express x1 slots.
The Acer Veriton M6620G mini towers include two 5.25-inch and six 3.5-inch drive bays (two external, four internal), open PCI Express 2.0 x16, PCI Express 2.0 x1 and PCI v2.3 slots. They also have six USB 2.0 ports, two USB 3.0 ports and a fast two-port USB 3.0 module that can be inserted in the upper front media bay for charging electronic devices.
All systems have 4GB DDR3 SDRAM upgradeable to 16GB via two memory slots for performance up to 1600Mhz. They also offer large 500GB(2) SATA hard drives and SuperMulti optical drives for storing huge archives of software and data. Embedded high-definition audio enhances videoconferences and webcasts with clear sound.
The new Veriton Series desktops come loaded with Windows® 7 Professional, Internet Explorer® and Adobe® Reader®.
EPEAT Gold, GSA Compliant
EPEAT® Gold Standard qualified, the Veriton 6620G Series meets all EPEAT® requirements plus at least 75 percent of the optional criteria. They’re assembled in the U.S.A. and are compliant with GSA schedules.
Warranty and Availability
The Acer Veriton 6620G Series commercial desktops are available in the U.S. via Acer authorized resellers and come with a three-year limited(2) warranty with limited on-site service.
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has broken barriers between people and technology, enabling users to explore, create and grow. Acer ranks No. 2 for notebook PCs globally.(3) The Acer Group employs 8,000 people across the globe, and revenues for 2011 reached US$15.7 billion. Acer's channel business model is instrumental to the company's success, while its multi-brand approach integrates Acer, Gateway, and Packard Bell brands in worldwide markets. Acer designs environmentally friendly products and, with its vendors, has established a green supply chain.
Acer is proud to be a Worldwide Partner of the Olympic Movement. That includes supporting the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games and London 2012 Olympic Games. More information is at www.acer-group.com.
© 2012 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.
- Accessible capacity varies; MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes
- Limited warranties and service agreements apply. May not be available in all locations. Availability varies. Other conditions apply. For a copy, write to Acer Customer Service, P.O. Box 6137, Temple, TX 76503
- Source: Gartner data FY 2011